22/08/2010

Home from Canada

After a lovely, very busy, 9 days in Canada, Ava and I are back in England.

We landed 3 days ago and have been trying to get over the jet lag since. Ava has been difficult to put to bed at night, even though she's tired she just doesn't settle down and ends up crying herself to sleep. It's like we've gone back 6 months and are starting all over with her bed time routine. The only nice thing about it is that she is no longer waking me up at 6am every morning for a bottle. She was still asleep at 8 this morning!

She was talking so much in Canada and said lots of new words like: Igglepiggle, Augie (my parents' dog's name) Robbie (my brother's name) and I think she said camera too.

Taking Ava for a swim

Uncle 'Wobbie' Robbie

Great Grandma Reid

Great Grandma Bowman, mummy & Ava, and Grandma Karen


While we were in Canada, Ashleigh and her new husband Shawn had their civil ceremony at a friend's house by Lake Ontario in Oakville. Their wedding will be held in the Dominican in January but unfortunately Ava, Graham and I won't be able go. I'm glad I got to attend the civil ceremony though :)

Ashleigh & Shawn

The Bowmans and the Hoszowskis!

Grandpa Mike

My mom and Ashleigh's mom Cathe

Ava, me, Jenny, Ashleigh, Allan & my sister Ruthie

It was really nice seeing everyone again even though this visit was insanely hectic. The weather was very hot and humid up until the last day or two when it finally cooled off a little bit.

In other news: today when I was changing Ava's diaper we were playing 'This Little Piggy' and she always says the 'Wee, wee, wee, wee, wee.' part. I was so shocked when right after I said 'all the way home!' she actually repeated "all the way 'ome." She hasn't said it again but it was amazing and unfortunately I was the only one who heard her. Graham and Jenni were in the living room downstairs at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment