07/04/2009

Diabetes Testing and Baby Room Painting

This morning I had to go to the hospital for my gestational diabetes test so I wasn't allowed to eat for at least 10 hours before and I had to drink this awful lemon flavoured sugar mix 2 hours before having my blood taken. The lemon drink was horrible! I knew it was going to be bad, but I honestly didn't expect it to be as disgusting as it was. Even pinching my nose didn't help block the taste. The lemon flavour was dimmed slightlywhen I pinched my nose, but it still had a really strong sweet/sour taste. That wasn't even the worst part though - the after taste was awful! It was like someone had squirted handsoap into my mouth. I had to drink it within 5 minutes as well (I think they make you do that because they know if you don't have a time limit, you'll never finish it.) And I had to drink it in the car because I had to go with Graham to the airport so he could go to work and I could still have the car for my appointment 2 hours later.

Anyway, the appointment itself was easy enough. The lady who took my blood was very pleasant and it didn't really hurt. I waited around for an hour for the test results to come back and thankfully everything was normal so I don't have to worry about diabetes :)

Graham and I started painting the baby's room the other day. Unfortunately because we did it at night we missed a few spots (when I say we, I mean Graham) and didn't have any paint left so we had to go back and get another bucket. We'll have way too much now so I think I'll use the rest to paint the boring downstairs bathroom. It's so blah and cold looking as it is right now.

We chose a sunny yellow which hopefully won't be too bright for the baby. I think they like bright colours though so maybe she'll like it. I'm going to use white fabric as the accent colour, around the windows for example. Maybe get some nice lace curtains and white bedding for the crib. I'm not sure what to put on the walls though... I kind of like the idea of putting up her name in script in white wood. I've seen that in a few pictures of nurseries that I've looked at online. I'll have to wait to do that after she's born though, in case she is actually a he, and we might change our minds about the name once she (or he) arrives.

Anyway here are a few pictures of the room in progress. The pictures kind of make the colour look like cheese whiz but it doesn't actually look like that in real life.

Hopefully it will look nice when we're all finished. I'm getting eager to set it all up now but we haven't even bought the furniture yet. I need to get rid of that awful lamp shade on the ceiling too. It's brown and looks disgusting with the yellow. It kind of makes me worry that the wood choice won't be right... Guess we'll have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment