07/04/2009

27 weeks & 3 days

Here's what I look like these days:


I feel like I look bigger in person than I do in pictures. When I walk past a mirror I swear I see double the size of what I see in this picture. Maybe that's why people keep saying I'm so small for 6 months? I was worrying about it so I asked the midwife on Friday and she said I'm the right size and that everyone is different :)

I finally got to hear the baby's heart beat this past week! It was really exciting, unfortunately Graham wasn't there though. Maybe he'll be able to hear it at the next appointment if he can go. The midwife was surprised that I hadn't heard it yet because I should have around week 15. I told her that when I went in for my appointment and asked if we would get to hear it, the doctor said 'Oh we don't do that. It worries the mum's if they can't find the heart beat.' My midwife was confused and said that was a little bit mean.

Anyway I'm just happy that I finally got to hear it. It really does sound like a tiny little horse galloping around! And the baby kept kicking at the wand like she didn't want it there :) Apparently she also had the hiccups but I couldn't really tell. Her heart rate was around 140-160. It would get faster every time she moved or kicked.

My next appointment is my 31 week check up in May which my mom will be here for so maybe she'll get to come with me :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/4/09

    Becky, I can't wait to see or hear little "Baby Ball" , at your next doctors appointment,during my visit to England in May. It is hard to believe I took care of premi babys at 26 weeks of age. Miss you sweetpea and love you, mom

    ReplyDelete