28/03/2009

26 weeks

Well, I'm back in the UK. I've been back for nearly 2 weeks now and it's been really nice having the house to ourselves! Our housemates moved out at the beginning of the month but since I was away I couldn't do anything that I wanted to.

So far since I've been back I've put in a new garden out front under the living room window, moved our bedroom stuff into the master bedroom that Amanda was occupying, started setting up the spare room for guests, and we've ordered a new sofa for the livingroom.

The house is slowly coming together. We've picked out the furniture that we're going to get for the baby's room but we haven't bought it yet. Unfortunately we've kind of made that room the 'dumping ground' for everything we're not sure what to do with at the moment. It needs a bit of organising. Also we still have several things that belong to either Chris or Amanda, but neither of them seem to want to claim any of it so I guess it'll end up in the garbage shortly.

We're going to paint the baby's room yellow, and have antique wood furniture. I hope it looks nice. I was going to get a white nursery set initially but since we're kind of on a tight budget, and we already have some cupboards that we're going to use in the room, we decided to stick with that set which is the antique wood. I'm not really sure what to do for accessories though... maybe get some canvas pictures for the wall? I don't know if I want to do any kind of theme like Winnie the Pooh or something like that.

Anyway, I'm 26 weeks along today, and apparently that means there's only 98 days to go! I still can't get over how quickly the whole thing has been going by. I'm a little nervous about the last trimester, especially because everyone says the second trimester is the best so I'm sad that it's coming to an end. However, I am excited about how close the birthday is getting :)

I've been getting heartburn more and more, but thankfully it doesn't seem to last very long. The baby has developed a kicking pattern as well. She'll kick and kick like crazy for about 3 days, and then she'll quiet down and hardly kick at all for another 3 days, then it repeats all over again. I think when she's calm she's going through a growth spurt or something.

I've turned into an eating machine as well. I just want to eat all the time! Right now I'm on a bit of a cake kick. If I even hear the word 'birthday' I immediately think 'cake' and then I think about it for ages until I finally get some, or go to bed. It's frustrating when suddenly you want something and then you can't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day.. maybe even longer! I saw a Mars bar wrapper on the ground during our walk one morning and that occupied my thoughts for a good few hours. Thankfully the craving went away by the time we were near a shop.

I also get really tired after I eat, and I've started having unintentional cat naps during the day, usually just after lunch. It's kind of nice :) Plus I know I should enjoy sleeping while I still can...

No comments:

Post a Comment