06/03/2009

Visa Complications

Well, I'm still in Canada right now and a little bit stressed. We found out earlier this week that I wasn't going to be able to return to the UK unless I applied for a new visa from within Canada. Graham was told this on Monday, so we spent all of Monday and Tuesday gathering as much information as we could in order to be able to apply for this new visa.

On Wednesday I had an appointment in Toronto with WorldBridge to have my biometrics done and to hand in my application and documents. They sent my papers to Ottawa and I was sent an email Thursday morning from them letting me know they had received my stuff. Now I have to wait until they let me know what they've decided before I can go back to England. Also they have my passport so I can't really go anywhere anyway. It's frustrating because I have a ticket booked to go back on Tuesday and it's becoming pretty clear that I won't be getting on that flight.

To make matters worse, I just found out I can't change that flight to another one either. I have to cancel it and if I'm lucky, get a partial refund. Then I'll have to book another flight but I can't even do that because I have no idea when I'll be allowed to go back. They say it can take up to 50 days :( I'm mostly upset because I have doctors appointments set up and I can't see a doctor over here because I'm not covered under OHIP anymore. I'm also sad because I miss Graham a lot and I hate being away from him, especially when there's no return date in sight :(

I'm really depressed about all of this right now. I just want it to be sorted out soon so I can go back and be with Graham.

No comments:

Post a Comment