08/03/2009

Pre-Baby Blues

So I guess I had my first bout of pregnancy depression yesterday and today. I didn't expect it to last so long though! I thought that you just see something sad, cry for 5 minutes and then you find some chocolate and forget all about it. Unfortunately that wasn't at all how it was for me. I guess the stress of the last few weeks finally hit me yesterday and I started crying because I missed Graham, and it just wouldn't stop. Everything I thought of made me upset and I would start crying uncontrollably. Even just thinking of my bathtub in England made me cry. I mean, I knew I missed the hot water and bubble baths but I didn't think I would ever cry over it!

I went out with my sister for a couple of hours yesterday evening to try and take my mind off of it all but I guess it didn't help very much because I was still very depressed this morning when I woke up. I stayed depressed until well after lunch and eventually it faded away thankfully. It's such a horrible feeling and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it except blame the baby when you burst into tears in front of your family for no reason.

I did however see something that made me laugh in the middle of my sadness and it was great. My mom found a video clip of a sleepwalking dog on the internet and it's impossible not to laugh at this. I think the next time I need some cheering up I'll definitely watch this because I honestly think it's one of the funniest videos I've ever seen. Here is the link for it if you want to check it out - and I really think you should!

Sleep Walking Dog

Anyway, I'm feeling better this evening. I finally made myself get out of my pyjamas and put some make-up on, then Mom and I went to the mall for an hour and after that Grandma R came over with some Harvey's hamburgers for us all. It turned into a much nicer day, even though there's still no news on my visa.

Yesterday I was overwhelmed with everything and thinking about my plane ticket for Tuesday and what I was going to do about it was making me even more stressed out, so I phoned AirCanada today and spoke to someone about my options.

I thought that I was going to be able to cancel my ticket and they would refund me a percentage of the fare which I'd then be able to put towards a new ticket when I was finally able to fly back to England. Unfortunately the woman I spoke to informed me that my ticket was non-refundable and if I cancelled it, I lost it so I was better off holding on to it in case by some miracle my passport showed up before the flight.

She told me that I could change my flight for a fee of $150, plus the difference in price between my current ticket and whichever new one I choose - if there is any difference. I should be able to change it as late as Tuesday, which is great.

Anyway, I've had enough of that stress. I'm going to watch some more silly videos online :)

No comments:

Post a Comment