12/02/2009

19.5 Weeks - Nearly Halfway There!

The baby feels like he's doing somersaults in my tummy right now! Sometimes he just kicks and taps me, but other times it feels like he's rolling around and doing his own little gymnastics routine in there. (I'm only calling it a He because it's easier than saying It - I don't actually know what it is yet.)

Graham and I were comparing bellies yesterday and decided to take a picture of them. I think mine is actually bigger than his!

I'll be 20 weeks on Saturday - almost halfway through! I can't believe how quickly it's gone by... It feels like it wasn't that long ago that I found out. I guess the 3rd trimester will feel the longest, I hear the novelty has usually worn off by then and most women just want the baby out.

I've had another couple of migraines since the first few, but only 2 since then. Apparently some women get them for the first time during pregnancy and they can last their whole lives. I really hope that doesn't happen.

I've had to start carrying snacks around with me everywhere I go because I get so hungry, so suddenly that I feel like I'm going to die if I don't eat something right away. When we were in Belgium last week we were waiting at a deserted airport on a Sunday and there were 4 places to eat nearby. Unfortunately we couldn't get food at any one of them.

1. The cafe only took cash, we only had cards
2. The vending machine only took euro coins
3. The two restaraunts closed between 2:30 and 5:00 and it was 2:25.

We still had to wait around until Graham's boss showed up so we could fly back to England but I was starving! I actually thought about breaking the vending machine. No one was around... they'd never know it was me...

We ended up walking to one of the nearby restaurants and begging for some bread to have with our cokes. The people weren't very nice, but they gave us some to eat anyway.

So I've learned my lesson: Take food everywhere. You never know when you're going to be stranded and starving!

Also... Congratulations to a friend who shall remain nameless for the time being... :) 9 weeks pregnant! I'm so happy for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment