06/04/2011

Visit from the Easter Bunny!

Today Ava and I met up with George and her daughter Aimee at Wisley Gardens. We haven't seen them since the end of the summer and decided to have a picnic in the park. The girls had fun running around and then feeding the fish and ducks at the pond. The weather was perfect, it was so warm and sunny.

After Wisley we went to a toddler play centre where Aimee and Ava ran around and played with toys for a while. The lady who runs the group announced that the Easter Bunny would be coming to visit and she handed out little bags for the children to collect eggs, and then led us all on an easter egg hunt. We ended up in a little secret garden filled with daffodils where they had hidden chocolate for the kids. Ava loved it and kept waving to the Easter Bunny and thanking him for the chocolate. She even tried to eat some with the foil still on it :)

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me and had to use the one on my phone so the picture quality isn't great.


Afterward, we went over to Auntie Jenni's house for a barbeque with her friends from work. Ava entertained herself by chasing a neighbourhood cat around the back yard and by throwing pebbles from the walk way into the grass. I finally had to put her on the 'naughty step' by the back door to stop her from throwing the stones everywhere.

About 30 seconds after I made her sit down, one of the guys kicked a soccer ball toward the house... it bounced off the table and smashed a bottle and a glass of coke, sending the shards of glass flying straight at Ava! I couldn't believe it. I ran over to her and brushed the glass off of her clothing, checking her over to make sure it hadn't cut her or was in her hair or eyes, but she seemed perfectly fine. After a few seconds she said 'Oh my goodness. Oh my gosh.' but she wasn't upset at all. I was so shocked but relieved that she hadn't been hurt that I decided to take her home. I felt terrible that I had put her right in the line of fire, but I had no idea that someone was going to kick a soccer ball at her. Thankfully she was okay though.

Anyway, we went to Switzerland on the weekend and I'm going to post some pictures of that trip as soon as I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment