03/07/2010

Nearly there!

My goodness has it ever been a busy day today - and all I've done is the cake, and not even the whole thing yet!

It started with me not being able to find the recipe Anna gave me, eventually finding it pinned to the noteboard (where I put it yesterday because I thought I wouldn't lose it that way.) Then I realised I needed eggs so I went over to the shop behind the house and bought 6. Got home to discover I actually needed 7 so I had to go back. Then I got home and started to finally make the cake which wasn't too difficult. Put it in the oven, waited, waited, waited a bit too long and it's slightly overdone now *sigh*.

Anyway then I had to wait for both parts to cool so I could put the lemon filling in the middle. Finally got around to doing that and then it was time to roll out the icing... about 17 tries later I finally got it right and was able to put it on the cake. Now all that's left is the decorating, but I have to wait until Graham gets home with the icing sugar first.

Ava was really patient with me today up until dinner time. She entertained herself quietly with my keys and some other items and seemed quite content. I feel a bit bad for leaving her to play by herself but she didn't seem to mind.

Can't believe she'll be one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment