06/04/2010

Ava's First Word!

Ava can now say 'dish' (but she means fish) and when you say the word 'fish' to her she looks over at the fish tank! She doesn't say it all the time but she has said it enough for us to know that it's not a fluke.

It started because every time we would come down stairs together I would take her to the fish tank and say "Fish!" a few times and after a few days she said "Dish! Dish!" and I just freaked out! I ran to grab the phone and I called Graham to tell him. Unfortunately he was away for a few days but she did it again for him when he got home.

I have some video of her reacting to me saying Fish to her and you can hear her say "dish" quietly as she tries to grab the tank although it's a bit slurred when she says it on the video so it almost sounds more like 'Dsh'


I had to leave the camera sitting on the couch so she didn't notice it because it always distracts her and then you can never get her to do anything.

She even points to the fish in the tank and follows them with her finger.


No comments:

Post a Comment