18/03/2010

8 1/2 Month Update

So Ava had her first cold and thankfully it was just a minor one. Mostly a runny nose and a bit of sneezing. Unfortunately Graham and I caught it as well!

She slept really well last night from 7:30pm until 7:15am and only woke up once around 8pm, then again at 2:30am but I didn't even hear her. Graham got up and put her back to sleep so I slept straight through the night! I woke up just past 7am and almost had a heart attack because it was light out and she hadn't woken me up once. I ran to her room and she was in her crib chatting to herself :) I wish she would do this every night! (Minus the 2am wake up of course but even if she only woke up once a night I think I could handle that)

I took Ava to a baby class yesterday and she seemed to enjoy it more than the first one. We missed last weeks class because she came down with the cold and I didn't think it would be fair to her or the other parents if we got their babies sick. She really enjoys playing now and she has even started waving! Whenever I carry her past the bathroom she always leans around me to wave to the baby in the mirror, it's really cute.

We can leave her sitting on the floor with toys and she almost never falls over anymore. Right now she's sitting beside her playmat and she's clapping her hands together which I've never seen her do before :) I think she's also having a conversation with the giraffe.

We're going away this weekend to visit Graham's family and friends but Graham is going to be on a stag party in Bournemouth for the weekend. It's going to be interesting having the baby to myself away from home.... I'm really not looking forward to it. It's always much harder to relax when I have to make do with travel sterilisers and her travel cot and sometimes I can't find a microwave.... Oh well. It's just one weekend. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment