16/02/2010

Valentines Day in Paris

This weekend Graham, Ava and I spent Valentines Day in Paris. We left on Friday and got back late last night. His boss was taking his wife for the weekend and he said Graham could bring Ava and I along with him. Even though the weather wasn't great on Saturday we decided to take the train into the city centre and have a look around. We've already been to Paris once before together so we didn't need to go up the Eiffel Tower again.

We're actually on Google Earth streetview in front of the Eiffel Tower from the first time we went there in April 2008. If you go to Google Maps and type in 'Eiffel Tower' and you zoom in to the intersection Quai Branly and Pont d'lena and then drag the little streetview guy to Quai Branly (the lane closest to the tower, heading kind of North-east) and if you face the tower, we're walking along the side walk near a green stand. Here are some pictures of it.

That's me in the black and white top holding the white coat and Graham is wearing grey pants and carrying an orange bag.

Unfortunately this time around I was really sick and we didn't have a very good time. We spent Saturday in the city and I wasn't too bad but I started to lose my voice and by the time we got back I felt terrible. All night I kept waking up because I couldn't breath and I would have little panic attacks. I hated being in a hotel in a foreign country feeling like that. It was the longest night ever.

Anyway here are some pictures of Saturday in Paris.

 
At the Louvre

  

  

  

 
Ava was desperately trying to eat Graham's crepe.

  
Daddy gave in and let her taste a strawberry

  
She didn't like it very much

  
But it didn't stop her from trying again

  

  
I don't think Graham noticed the food on her chin when he took this

  
Crazy baby!

It's too bad I was feeling so crummy, Paris is actually a beautiful city. I'd like to take Ava back there in the spring or summer when she's a bit older.

No comments:

Post a Comment