27/11/2009

My Birthday Present: Ava went to bed quietly!

Ava has started going to bed so much better! We've stuck to the same routine of: bath, pj's, food, and bed with lullaby's playing quietly for 2 weeks and she has finally stopped screaming herself to sleep! I set her down a few nights ago and she just stayed quiet even after I left the room. I thought it was very weird so I went back to check on her a few minutes later and she was still awake but completely silent so I left her another 5 minutes and when I went back again she had fallen asleep!

The following night she was so tired that as soon as I set her down in the basket she fell asleep instantly. She's been doing that the past few nights and tonight she just wimpered for a few minutes but then eventually fell asleep.

It's so nice that the screaming and crying has stopped. Unfortunately though it seems to have moved to the car. I can't figure out why, but the past few weeks she's decided that sometimes she hates being in the car and will scream until we take her out. It's weird because the car is what usually calms her down and puts her to sleep.

Babies are strange creatures sometimes.

It was my 26th birthday on Wednesday and I got some lovely gifts from everyone. My parents sent me some gold heart shaped earrings, my brother put some money into my account, as did my Grandma Reid. Graham's brother got me series 1 and 2 of the British Office, Laura and Robin gave me a gift card to Boots and an adorable little Christmas dress for Ava, Jenni sent me a book by Marian Keyes, Sue gave me some clothes and Graham took me for a massage at a spa, made me a wonderful steak dinner and even made me a chocolate birthday cake, and he got me a baby foot and hand casting kit.

I'm really excited about making the kit, I really hope it works. I was looking at Ava's little feet today and wishing they could stay tiny forever, now they kind of can :) I'll take a picture when it's made.

No comments:

Post a Comment