10/06/2009

24 days to go!

I decided to put up another picture of Fat Becky so here I am at about 36 and a half weeks. As of this Saturday the baby will be considered full term so she can come any time after that as far as I'm concerned!

I went to a pregnancy yoga class last night with Erica (she's due in 2 weeks.) It was harder than I thought it was going to be! All that bending and crouching can't be good for the baby but I guess it's fine if it's yoga specific to pregnancy. I'm not sure if I'm going to go back next week yet. I guess if Erica hasn't had her baby and is going to go I will but if she's not able to be there I don't really want to go by myself.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good today, not too heavy which is nice. I think the baby must be in a good position. I went to my 36 week checkup yesterday and everything seems fine. My hands are a little puffy but not severely. There was a student midwife there too and she measured my tummy. When she said '33cm' I almost had a heart attack. I was like "What?! How did I shrink a centimeter in 2 weeks??" So the main midwife came over and remeasured me and it was fine, I'm at 36cm, where I should be. The baby's head is engaged apparently, and they think she's on the left. I honestly don't know how they can tell what position the baby is in. I can't even figure out what it is that keeps jabbing me in the side. I think it might be an elbow, it feels quite hard sometimes.

Well, I've got a pile of wooden pieces on the floor in front of me that will supposedly turn into a rocking stand for the moses basket once I assemble it, so I think I'll get started on that now.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment