06/07/2011

Heights

I measured Ava today (meant to do it on her birthday but I forgot) and she is about 33.5 inches tall or 2 feet and 9 1/2 inches.

Apparently the height they are on their second birthday, is half of what their adult height will be, so that will make Ava about 5'7" when she's full grown. I'll have to look back here and see how well that calculation worked out!


This morning after I got Ava dressed, I was taking her downstairs for breakfast and we had quite the tumble on our way down. About 5 steps from the bottom, I slipped and bounced all the way down on my back. Somehow I managed to hold on to Ava and she ended up using me like a sled!

We were both pretty startled and she cried a little bit. I knocked the stair gate right out of its position, which was kind of impressive considering the door was open, so it meant I must have hit one of the sides pretty hard.

I scraped my back and my right elbow, but the worst seems to be my second toe on my left foot. I don't think it's broken but it really hurts when I walk. Doesn't help much that yesterday I stubbed the one next to it on the wheel of a shopping cart - man did THAT hurt! It even bled :(

Silly, clumsy mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment