08/07/2011

About a week ago I noticed a red rash under Ava's left underarm. At first I thought she had just rubbed it on her highchair strap but it stayed for a few more days and I began to wonder if it was something else. I showed a few friends and they all seemed to think it was a heat rash from the warm weather.

On Tuesday I took her to Boots and asked the pharmacist what she thought it might be and how I should treat it. She also thought it looked like heat rash and gave me some calamine lotion to try.

On Wednesday morning it looked worse and I could see some redness under her right arm as well so I decided to take her to the doctor.

The doctor seems to think she has eczema :( so we were sent home with a few tubes of Aveeno cream to apply whenever it's needed. Ava has been really good about it and stops scratching whenever we tell her to, and she's very cooperative with letting us apply the cream.

This is what it looks like today:


If it doesn't improve over the weekend I'm going to take her back and see if they can try something else.

Poor little Ava :(

No comments:

Post a Comment