19/09/2010

The Case of the Missing Hair Clip

On Friday morning, after not having slept much due to the screaming baby monster, I decided to put her in front of the TV while I went back upstairs to get myself prepared for the day.

When I came back down, I had my contact lenses in and was reminded that I had seen a little green hair clip on the floor when I was going to bed the night before. The hair clip wasn't there anymore. Hmm.

I searched around the table, under the couch, under the desk and under the foot stool. No sign of the clip. I began to worry that Ava may have found it and put it in her mouth. She seemed fine so she hadn't choked on it (thank God) but there was the chance that it might be in her tummy.

After thoroughly searching the living room for this little green clip, I decided to call NHS direct for some advice. Because we couldn't say for sure she hadn't swallowed it they told us to take her to the A&E for an X-Ray.

Luckily they could see that the clip wasn't inside her, and the whole visit took less than 40 minutes from the time we parked to the time we drove away.

We still haven't found the clip so she has clearly found a very good hiding space for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment