24/06/2009

10 days to go!

I'm finally down to the last 10 days! :) Although I am aware that it still might be up to an additional 14 days after the due date before she's actually here... but I'm trying not to think about that.

I had my 38 week checkup yesterday and everything seems to be fine. I showed the midwife my puffy hands and feet and because everything else is normal (blood pressure and pee sample) she said it was perfectly fine. She even said that considering how far along I am, they don't look too bad. That made me feel a bit better.

Baby's heart rate was good, and every time she wiggled it would speed up, which is also normal apparently.

Unfortunately she said that although the baby's head is down, she's not really engaged. I guess that means she is a little bit, but not as much as she could be. Graham and I are going out and about today so I'll try and make sure I walk as much as possible to see if that helps.

Still haven't had any signs of baby's arrival yet so I have no idea how much longer it's going to be. Erica is due today and she's had a couple of signs so she might be having her baby very soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment